Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is the Portland Autism Center currently accepting new clients?
No. The providers at the Portland Autism Center are not currently accepting new treatment or evaluation referrals (with the exception of ASD Non-Diagnostic Screener Sessions) at this time. Please refer to our resource page for other providers in the area.
2. Do you have to have an autism spectrum disorder to be seen at the Portland Autism Center?
No! While we specialize in working with individuals on the autism spectrum, we also see many individuals who do not have an ASD diagnosis but have other mental health issues.
3. What insurance companies are you in-network with?
We are preferred providers with the following insurance companies. We also accept most major insurances as out of network providers:
4. Do you accept Medicare, Medicaid, or Oregon Health Plan insurance?
No. We do not accept these insurance plans in our practice.
5. Do you offer ABA Services?
No. We provide evaluations, medication management, and psychological services for a wide variety of emotional and behavioral concerns. We do not provide ABA Services. For information on providers, the Autism Society of Oregon maintains a list of providers in the community.
6. Do I need a referral from my PCP for an evaluation or for treatment?
No. All of our referrals are accepted through direct contact my the client. If your PCP wants to refer you, please ask them to have you contact us directly. No referrals from other providers are required?
7. What age range do you provide evaluations for?
We provide diagnostic evaluations for an Autism Spectrum Disorder and related diagnoses for individuals aged between 18 months into adulthood. We work with individuals throughout the lifespan.
If you have a question that you think should be added to our page, please let us know!